How fitting that for the first week of the new year I am starting a weekly blog challenge! I found this last week and was so excited to start this! I couldn’t keep a secret so all the people mentioned below know they’re in this post. Major shout out to sitbackandjustlive and brittsdailydose for getting this started. I LOVE the idea of doing stuff like these!
So I should throw out that I am one of those people that cannot just pick one person as a best friend. I have several people I consider my “best friend”. So I have picked five people that are very near and dear to my big heart to write about! I would have done more, but then we would be here all day long!
- How long have you been friends? 10+ years
- How did you meet? Under the table at Daisy’s (I wish I could make this up)
- How did you become friends? We became friends in Daisy’s but then we drifted about in elementary school. In 6th grade we had tried out for colorguard together and it just kind of blossomed from there.
- Nickname: Linds, Win-zie, or girlfriend
- Why are they your best friend? Lindsey is my best friend because she has been my saving grace. She has seen me at my lowest and has never left my side. Lindsey and I have both been through a lot and the one consent that has remained the same for both of us is each other. Lindsey is also one of the funniest people that I have ever met in my life! This girl always has me in stitches.
- One fun fact about them: She is an amazing mother! While she has only been a mother for a few months now, she is great at it. She is doing nothing but the best for her adorable baby boy. He will always be loved with a mother like Lindsey. She has the biggest heart that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
- How long have you been friends? A little over a year.
- How did you meet? Kirsten and I met in college freshman year. She was in the marching band but I didn’t really know her too well because I didn’t know many instrumentalist. For the longest time, we just knew of each other.
- How did you become friends? We became actual friends last fall. We hung out with the same group of people on the weekends and that slowly turned into hanging out with each other during the week and then becoming inseparable.
- Nickname: P.I.C (Partner in Crime) or LeighAnn
- Why are they your best friend? Kirsten is my best friend because she hates almost all the same things that I do and she knows too much about my personal life so at this point I have to keep her around. Kirsten is a good person with a lot of sass that meshes well with mine. We both had rough years last year and we were each others rocks and basically all that we had was each other to depend on. She is also my P.I.C. because we are always getting into something and if I ever went to jail, I wouldn’t want anyone else by my side. Kirsten also recognizes that I am the mom of our friend group so she takes care of me when I don’t take care of myself.
- One fun fact about them: She can play multiplier instruments and I’m so jealous because anytime I pick up an instrument I sound like something is dying. Oh, and she lives just 15 minuets away from me!
- How long have you been friends? Three years
- How did you meet? Her big sister is my big sister in my sorority, so I knew of her and that she was also a freshman. I didn’t meet her until NYE our freshman year because her sister brought her to where we were celebrating.
- How did you become friends? I don’t even know. We just clicked. We were close before she transferred to my college sophomore year. It’s just one of those friendships you don’t know how it happened but you’re glad it did.
- Nickname: Court, Puddin, My Little Republican Asshole or BABE
- Why are they your best friend? Court is my best friend because she is exactly what I need in my life to keep my sane. She is blunt with me no matter what I need that a lot in life. She also makes sure that I take care of myself and that my mental health is doing okay. Courtney is also very fun loving and we are known for making out together at frat parties. We also are best friends because we both understand the darker places in each other’s minds.
- One fun fact about them: Court is going to be in the Navy and I couldn’t be more proud of her for doing it! She has been working so hard for the past year to get in shape so she can serve our country.
- How long have you been friends? Three years
- How did you meet? In the student center of our college on move in day for band camp.
- How did you become friends? We constanly say each other. We were in the same group during sorority recruitment
- Nickname: Bean or BAE
- Why are they your best friend? Kayla is my best friend because she’s an amazing person. She is my shoulder to cry on and my study buddy. Her and I are legit #baegoals or #bagels (we haven’t really figured out which is which). Kayla and I also live 20 minuets away from each other so if we miss each other too much we can go see the other one. From all the friends that I made freshman year, Kayla is almost the only one that I have left that I talk to on a daily basis.
- One fun fact about them: Kayla was born in Texas and I think that is super duper neat! She also has lived in Califorina before moving to Pennsylvania! Kayla and I are also sorotiy sisters and got initiated together, so I think that is also really cool since we’ve been best friends since before we got our bids!
- How long have you been friends? Four months.
- How did you meet? Maddie is Kirsten’s boyfriend’s, Bobby, little sister
- How did you become friends? She was over at my apartment a lot and we started to talk more and then we got closer as the semester went on.
- Nickname: Little or Mad Dog
- Why are they your best friend? Maddie is my best friend because we’re almost the same person. She is my second little in our sorority and I wouldn’t want it anyway. She is always down to watch Netflix and cuddle in my bed. We constantly have sleepovers and Sheetz runs. We’ve only been friends for a short time, but it feels like we’ve been friends forever! She also loves me more than she loves waffles.
- One fun fact about them: Maddie had 5 tattoos and one of them is a Marilyn Monroe tattoo so I’m super jealous because I love Marilyn so much.
So, there we have it! Five of my best friends! I’m so glad I got to share them with you all. They’re truly the best. Feel free to tell me about your friends!